FARM EDUCATOR 2020
BE A BUILDER OF HEALTH & WHOLENESS
2 Educator Internship Positions
Be the one who plants the seeds that will grow into a harvest of life-changing dreams for others!
Flint Hill Farm Ed is a non profit Educational Center located on Flint Hill Farm, a 26 acre preserved multifaceted working farm in Lehigh County, Upper Saucon Township, PA. We run a Certified Raw Milk Goat and Jersey cow milk Dairy that sells its products year round through two markets, on site sales and opportunities at local hospital cafeterias and colleges. We also run a year round educational program for the local school districts and vocational schools, summer horse camp and farm camp during the months of July and August, and a year round riding lesson and community educational programs (See Farm Activities)
Summer Farm Educator Internship Position: Community Outreach- FarmersMarket/ Summer Farm Camp Educator.
1. Complete and be accepted in College Intern credit program
2. Complete and submit to FHFEC PA Child Abuse clearances
3. Schedule and complete interview with a Farm Summer Internship team member
4. Must be able to walk 1 mile without difficulty on uneven ground, lift 20 and enjoy working with children and parents of all community groups
Some projects Interns will experience:
1. PA Assist in summer school and community tours on the farm after orientation
Examples of groups- PALS, Community in Schools summer camps, LVCC pre-k summer students. The farm hosts about 700 students/teachers and parents each summer (end of May through mid-August)
2. Create projects and teach a simple craft 1 morning a week for parents of the Mommy,Daddy and Me group, usually a group of 8 or less under 4 yr old children
3. Represent FHFEC to reading groups at 3 local libraries for story hr (usually taking a small farm animal that relates to the story) by setting up the opportunity, reading the story and interacting with the library families and children
4. Learn about and have hands-on experience with the various farm animals- handling, health and nutritional needs
5. Assist writing creative AG-ED curriculum to be integrated into Summer or Fall
6. Publish a short weekly Blog on the AG-ED website
Please visit our website to read Blogs of other interns who have completed past internships. We have successfully placed all our interns in various, interesting vocations: chef, sales person for fair trade coffee, cheese monger/Whole Foods, AG-ED 4-H Educator, teacher, herds person for sheep in Minnesota, to name a few.
Kathleen Fields, MS President and Farmer